Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Surgeon follow-up

I saw the oncology surgeon and his p.a. this morning for a quick follow-up appointment. My little helper sat in the corner playing on her d.s. She always has the funniest comments about my boobs when I am changing into their lovely gowns. Today's was "you have wrinkly boobs Mom".... true baby. My post surgical bra has gathers along the front opening and they transfer.
The doctor was very pleased with my progress. I love how they say everything looks great! All I see in the mirror are scars and very strange looking lumps. I questioned the p.a. who is a woman about my age, about other woman's reconstruction outcomes compared to mine. Her comment was that she has only seen a few others and I should have a fantastic finished result.... I guess there really might be a silver lining to this process! I also complained, loudly, about the amount of pain having expanders causes. The dr said he told me it would hurt, which I am not contesting, but I sure did not understand to what degree that meant. He joked that he should have some to try on so that he would know better. I honestly wouldn't wish these dumb things on anyone.
The best part was he said to make a follow-up appointment for six months! I reminded him that he would see me before then for a few minutes during my next surgery. And also that he had promised me I wouldn't even notice that he'd been there.... we'll see if he's good for his word.

No comments:

Post a Comment