Thursday, January 19, 2012

First expansion appt

I was having a major case of mixed emotions over the next step in this process. I keep hearing that this part is painful but it's the only way to get to the end. I put my brave face on and marched on in. The dr used his fancy tool to locate the ports, marked them with a pen, and swiped them with betadine to clean my skin. He warned me that I would feel a pinch and burn with the lidocaine. The strange thing was I didn't feel anything. The nurse seemed a little concerned and commented to the dr, who explained to me that I must have some nerve damage from the surgery. It is early in the healing process and the numbness might go away or it might not, time will tell. The good news is that I didn't leave in agony! One appt down, five to go....

No comments:

Post a Comment